A rapidly growing commercial bank needed to transform its treasury management processes into a Salesforce-based solution that would allow for a streamlined workflow, digital document management, and a 360-degree view of the customers. In order to ensure that the solution would create a positive experience for bank employees and customers alike, Sendero partnered with the bank and its software integration partner to create a detailed implementation plan that accounted for the key risk areas of the program.
The bank’s legacy treasury management process was largely paper-based and segmented by department – it was time to make a major change. The challenges to implementing a successful solution were rooted in the complexities of a siloed organization, including managing differing viewpoints and gaining consensus on the requirements for the new process.
Sendero started the project by partnering with the bank to identify areas of the project that would require the most focus and attention to detail. From there, the team dove into research to better understand the current state of the solution and the reasoning behind each new requirement. It was also paramount to ensure that the bank’s business teams and software integration partner were aligned on the project goals and expectations.
- Facilitated multiple requirements gathering sessions by utilizing a collaborative brainstorming method, ensuring that the stakeholder’s questions and comments were captured.
- Stepped in with a new meeting structure that empowered stakeholders to note their opinions throughout the requirements gathering process without compromising meeting productivity.
- Worked with program stakeholders and the software integration partner to re-baseline the overall program schedule with an accurate and achievable timeline, giving the project team a realistic goal to aim for.
- Initiated a daily stand-up meeting with the key program stakeholders to report out on progress from the day before, ensuring each stakeholder had a clear picture of the development of the solution.
- Collaborated with the quality assurance and testing teams to develop standard metrics for identifying, tracking, and re-testing technical defects.
After the initial release of the solution, Sendero provided business analytics support to document functionality enhancement requests. After documenting the requests, the team used Agile project management processes to manage the solution enhancement work.